Membrane Application for Fishery Industry
Stick Water Concentration:
- The processing of fish involves steps like:
- Cooking of fish
- Crushing and
- Fish oil separation
- The effluent generated after these processes is termed as “stick water” and it is composed of proteins, BOD and inorganic salts.
- Our membrane process have been successfully installed for recovery of water from this stream (stick water) and we are the only the membrane company to develop and commercialize this process.
Clarification of Enzymatic Hydrolysed Stick Water:
- Subjecting Stick Water to hydrolysis using Enzyme breaks down the larger Proteins into Peptides and finally to amino acids.
- This products has much better value compared to the unhydrolyzed stick water which usually is common in all fisheries.
- Post Hydrolysis the major (i.e. ~50%) of hydrolyzed product is in form of Amino acids, mono/di and tri peptides along with suspended, colloids.
- Thus if not clarified well before making powder, the product lack to meet the desired specification for end use.
- Thus Ceramic CMF application was developed by us to address this issue and was very successful to get clarified product what could meet the desired specifications.
Surami Proteins and Water Recovery:
- While making surami products, huge amount of RO treated water is used in surami washing at different stages till end product.
- All the wash water with proteins goes to ETP without recovering proteins and water for recycle.
- We developed and installed commercial scale systems for processing of this wash water using integrated UF & RO membranes to recovery of Surami Proteins that can be added to Fish meal while recovered water can be recycled back with some biological treatments, thus reducing the cost to purchase huge amount of water and treating it.
OMEGA 3 Fatty Acid Recovery:
- Fish industry generates good amount of fish oil every day.
- The fish oil contains Omega 3 fatty acids i.e. Ecosapentanoic acid (ECA) & Decosahexanoic acid (DHA).
- There is good market for Omega 3 fatty acids and thus there is need of technology that can isolate them from fish oil.
- We can provide complete solution for isolation and concentration of Omega 3 fatty acids from the fish oil by integrating choromatographic and membrane based processes.
Membrane Application for Sugar Industry
- The Sugar industry needs efficient method in clarifying the Raw Sugarcane Juice in order to improve the quality of the clarified Juice and to reduce or eliminate the usage of chemicals (lime).
- The conventional liming – sulphitation process does not remove colouring impurities and it will lead to turbid, dark brown or yellow colour to juice.
- Our membrane based system removes these colouring impurities without any chemical usage and it provides clear and good quality of juice.
- We offer Membrane based processing plant for Brine Recovery.
- We bring Brine Concentrator technology in order to meet customer goal for sustainable model for zero liquid discharge.
- Brine Concentration and Recovery system is available as a standalone product or as a turnkey solution from feed to Zero Liquid Discharge.
Benefits of Brine Recovery or Concentration:
- High recovery, significantly reducing disposal costs or evaporation cost
- Reliable and consistent operation
- Operational cost is1/3rd of a multi effect evaporator, as low as US$ 2.0 per M3 of condensate
- Makes Zero Liquid Discharge a reality and affordable!
- Sugarcane crushing results in the initial juice which generally has brix of around 12 to 16.
- And in a Further process the sugarcane is washed with water to extract more sugar and the juice obtain through this step will have brix around 6.
- Our membrane based technology can effectively concentrate the sugarcane juice from 6 Brix to 15 Brix at almost half the cost of evaporation and will give cost advantage.