Membrane Application for Pharmaceutical Industry
We supply technologies to Pharmaceuticals for:
Separation of the compounds cost effectively and
Enabling a high product yield.
Our highly specialized membranes can successfully replace centrifugation, extraction, distillation and chromatography wherever possible to provide the most economical solutions
Impurities Removal from API:
- In some pharmaceutical processes where the traditional methods for purifying API’s using extraction & chromatography does not work, our membrane can help to purify the API based on the size differences in the API and the impurities. Integrating membranes for purifying API adds value as our membranes offer better savings compared to all other conventional purification technologies.
Solvent / Product Recovery:
- We provide membranes that are compatible with different hydrophilic and hydrophobic solvents to replace the conventional distillation â€“ energy consuming process. Our membranes can concentrate the dilute product/ API and recover the solvents that can be recycled back thus improving the economics.
Membrane Application for Oil and Gas Industry
Electro – Water Separation (EWS):
- EWS is an advance approach – It is a highly scalable, continuous and breakthrough cleanup water technology that uses electricity in small, programmed doses to gather up oil and suspended solids. This technology is very effective in treatment of wastewater generated in oil refineries.
Key Benefits of EWS:
- Replaces existing oil separators, flocculation, sludge thickening process and saves chemicals cost.
- Comparable or lower OPEX and CAPEX .
- The In situ generated free Chlorine in EWS ensures disinfection of wastewater.
- Technology can handle fluctuating feed quality and volumes which demonstrates the robustness and flexibility of the process.
- Better quality of treated water compare to conventional treatment plant.
- Less Power Consumption.
- Less Space Requirement 8. Low Civil Construction Cost.
- Minimizing Sludge and Chemical handling
- In the Gas processing recovery of pure sulfur from the sulfur slurry is an important process. Aquila can supply membrane systems that can help in the recovery of sulfur from such slurry very effectively. Our membranes can concentrate the slurry and provide a clear permeate stream that can further produce 99% pure sulfur cake.
Produced Water Treatment:
Water produced during oil and gas extraction operations constitutes the industry’s most important waste stream on the basis of volume. The oil and gas industry produces approximately 14 billion bbls of water annually and thus proper treatment of this water to remove oils, inorganic salts, suspended solids, microbes, COD, BOD and hardness is important. We can offer a complete set of solutions for treating such water in order to obtain good quality water.