Membrane Application for Food and Beverages Industry
- The food industry is very dynamic & competitive and therefore it is important to meet increasing consumer demands for high-quality, safe, and nutritious products while maintaining cost-effective operations.
- With decades of experience in meeting the special needs of food processors, we have developed a wealth of solutions proven to improve production, reduce costs, and increase process efficiency while improving yield and quality.
- We offer a full range of membranes and systems not only for removing contaminants, recovering materials, and purifying process streams within the plant, but also treating the outgoing effluent to meet environmental discharge standards.
Papain Enzyme Concentration:
- Papain enzyme which is extracted from papaya latex is a viscous liquid that oozes out of a raw papaya when it is slit. This enzyme is obtained in a dilute form, and finally used as a meat tenderizer and for various health and medicinal purposes. Our membrane systems have been successfully installed for concentration of papain enzyme. Along with concentration, unwanted salts and low molecular weight impurities are also removed making the final product much purer and fetching a higher price in the market. Since membranes remove water at room temperature, there is a saving of 80% of the energy cost over the conventional processes.
Membrane Application for Soyabean
- The most rapidly growing and commercially attractive area in soybean processing involves the production of protein concentrates and isolates, products containing from 70 to 95% protein.
- Aquila membrane processes can add value to the soya meals or flours by providing complete solutions for concentration and purification of soya proteins.
- Membrane separation processes consume less energy when compared to other concentrating techniques, such as freeze-drying, spray drying or evaporation.
- Another advantage is our membrane processes can operate at low, ambient, and high temperatures depending on the nature of the application and the solids to be concentrated.
Soya Protein Isolatation:
- After the digesting of soya meal/flour, we have membrane processes that can concentrate as well as purify proteins by removing of the sugars and mineral. Integrating membrane will also reduce the spray drying load and offer a huge improvement in the economics.